Meringue Nest with Mixed Berries
This recipe serves 4 people.
- 2 large eggs.
- A large handful each of mixed berries (such as strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries).
- 2o ?57g granulated sugar.
- 1/2oz/14g artificial sweetener.
- 1 level tbsp. cocoa powder, to dust.
- Very low-fat natural fromage frais to serve.
- Mint leaves, to garnish.
Separate the egg whites into a large mixing bowl. Cover and chill for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the tops of the strawberries and cut in half.
Preheat the oven to 110C/225F/Gas1/4. Whisk together the egg whites, sugar and sweetener until the mixture forms stiff peaks. Pipe 4 nest shapes on to a baking tray lined with silicone paper.
Place in the oven and leave until set, which will take about 4-6 hours. Remove and leave to cool.
Fill each meringue nest with the mixed berries and sprinkle over a little cocoa powder. Serve with the bowl of very low-fat natural fromage frais on the side. Garnish with some mint leaves.