Who wants chocolate cookies?…
Since quarantine started, there have been a few food trends. Firstly there was Dalgona coffee, and then there was banana bread. Now I see cookies trending a lot. Seems like every one is becoming master chefs, but whatever people say, cooking and baking is a great way to pass time, and the results are yummy as well. So here’s a great chocolate chip recipe to satisfy your cookie hunger and well, you get to follow the tread now, right?
- Sugar — ½ cup
- Brown sugar — ¾ cup
- Salt — 1 tsp
- Butter — ½ cup
- Eggs — 1
- Vanilla Extract — 1 tsp
- Flour (maida) — 1 ¼ cups
- Baking Soda — ½ tsp
- Chocolate chips — choice (the more the better)
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- In a large bowl, whisk sugar, salt and butter, until a paste is formed with no lumps.
- Now add egg and vanilla essence, beat all this until its light and foamy.
- Now add flour and baking soda gradually, and fold all this together using a spatula.
- Finally add the chocolate chips or the chunks.
- Let this dough chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Do know that longer the dough rests, the tasty the cookies will be.
- Now take a baking sheet and put a parchment paper on it. Scoop out small balls of dough and place them on the baking sheet, leaving a 2 inch distance between the balls.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges start to turn brown.
- Take the cookies out and let them cool.
- Enjoy them with a warm glass of milk.
- Do share them with friends and family J
Written by: HOORIA KHAN ALIZAI